Music News - Islands Announce New Album (World News)


A Sleep & A Forgetting is leadman Nicholas Thorburn's "interpretation of soul music."


Islands Announce New Album


Islands have announced a new album.

A Sleep & A Forgetting will be released February 14 via Anti-Records.

Leadman Nicholas Thorburn, previously of The Unicorns, explains (via Anti-'s website), "This album is far more personal than any I've made before. I left New York after the end of a relationship and came to Los Angeles. There was a piano where I was staying and that's where I wrote these songs. This record deals with loss, with memory and forgetting and with dreaming. I started writing it on Valentine's Day and it's coming out of Valentine's Day."

The album is the follow-up to 2009's Vapours. It was produced by Thorburn and fellow Islands member Evan Gordon, and according to Anti-, "recorded live with hardly a single overdub. It's a stripped down process and beautifully understated sound which only reinforces the confessional content of the lyrics."

Thorburn added, "The sound is really my interpretation of soul music," and as the late Link Wray once said, "Soul music is pain."

See the tracklist below:

A Sleep & A Forgetting

01 In a Dream It Seemed Real

02 This Is Not a Song

03 Never Go Solo

04 No Crying

05 Hallways

06 Can't Feel My Face

07 Lonely Love

08 Oh Maria

09 Cold Again

10 Don't I Love You

11 Same Thing

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment