Music News - Red Hot Chili Peppers To Be Inducted Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame (World News)


The Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this coming April 2012. Red Hot Chili Peppers To Be Inducted Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
The Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this coming New Year.  Making the announcement this past Tuesday, the band that formed back in the late 80’s in Los Angeles were content to say the least. Especially thrilled over the news was front man Anthony Kiedis, who says after telling his father, he cried.

I called my dad. I told him that he couldn't say anything because it hadn't been publicly announced yet. I know my dad is a big Internet freak, and he's been known to be a Wikileaker. I was like, "Dad, you and I are blood. I'm going to tell you something, but you can't tell anybody." I guess it's just something that you want to share with the people that you're closest to, like family and longtime friends. My dad cried.”

Kiedis also shared with the Rolling Stone that the gang’s induction was emotional for him as well, but for different reasons.  “The most emotional part for me was thinking about Hillel Slovak. That was where it got me. I felt very good about it, but I felt very much like our work has only just begun. Now that we've got Josh in the band, we have a chance to make some great records over the next few years. But there was something about going back and thinking about something that we started in a living room with Hillel Slovak. Because he's no longer with us, it seemed emotional and beautiful. It's really kind of his induction that I'm most excited about. He's a beautiful person that picked up a guitar in the 1970s and didn't make it out of the 1980s, and he is getting honored for his beauty.”

Performing for the last twenty-three years together Kiedis, Flea and Chad Smith have managed to stay permanent fixtures in the group that has seen a revolving door of guitarists since its formation.

Finally finding their pace after years of turmoil, the Red Hot Chili Peppers features the constant trio of Kiedis, Flea, and Smith, with their guitarist Josh Klinghoffer who has been with the Californication rockers since 2009. Together the four recently released their tenth studio album, I’m With You, this past August.

Other well known artists to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame alongside the Chili Peppers include Guns and Roses, Beastie Boys and the Small Faces/Faces.  The official ceremony will take place on April 14th at Cleveland's Public Hall, and is slated to air on HBO in May of 2012.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment